Kylie Minogue turns to the dark side

IT HAS taken decades, but finally, Kylie Minogue has achieved her dream - the film role she always longed for.

Kylie Minogue.

Bang ShowBiz

IT HAS taken decades, but finally, Kylie Minogue has achieved her dream - the film role she always longed for.

''It has had such a profound impact on my life, being able to do this work.

"It satisfies something in me that I was longing for.''

On the phone from London, she is speaking about Holy Motors, a remarkable new movie from French director Leos Carax, which is screening at the Melbourne International Film Festival and will be released in Australian cinemas on August 23.

She thinks the film could be a turning point, although, she says: ''I did it for myself, it was a beautiful opportunity that was basically a gift.''

Read more at Brisbane Times