Kylie found film set 'terrifying'

Kylie found film set 'terrifying'

2:59pm Friday 12th April 2013 in National Entertainment News Press Association 2013

Kylie Minogue says going back to acting was scaryKylie Minogue says going back to acting was scary

Kylie Minogue admits she realised she'd missed acting when her return to a film set "terrified her".

The queen of pop, who shot to fame in Neighbours, starred in the critically-acclaimed Franco-German fantasy movie Holy Motors last year.

"I found myself on set and I was totally thrilled and terrified by the experience," the singer said.

"It just triggered the button again and I thought, actually I do miss acting."

Kylie, who also appeared in films Street Fighter and Moulin Rouge! and enjoyed a cameo in Doctor Who, said that the Holy Motors role "reignited my desire" and that it led to her actively looking for acting work.

The actress now stars in Hey Diddly Dee, the Sky Arts drama which follows a group of actors rehearsing to put on a musical about the life of Andy Warhol.

""It just worked out that, luckily, I had three or four days available, so we were able to make it work. It was a great opportunity to work with the cast, do some comedy and play a scheming b****!" she said.

:: Hey Diddly Dee, part of the Playhouse Presents series, is on Sky Arts on Thursday, April 18.