Kylie Minogue: Im not shiny and happy all the time

Were used to thinking of Kylie as a very happy, smiley, shiny lady. Someone who you could do well to describe as bubbly, if only bubbly didnt also sometimes mean a bit chubby.

But, as it turns out, she has her off days like the rest of us, and how shes feeling inside doesnt always match up to the carefree person we see on the outside.

She admitted: "No-one's shiny and happy all the time. There are other sides of me that an experience like this has allowed me to explore,"

In the interview with Total Film, she said: "My persona is 'Kylie'. As soon as I step out of my house I have that projection of me. But that isn't necessarily who I am. What face do I show?"

She revealed that her desire to project this image, to play at being the persona, helped her overcome breast cancer, which she was diagnosed with in 2005.

"Possibly because I was diagnosed mid-tour, that was my goal, to get back and perform. I just realised that no, this is what I do, and I want to do it better than before."

And she did return to top form, with incredible songs like All The Lovers, which got her a number one exactly 22 years after her very first number one. Surely that helps put a smile on her face!

This isnt the first time Kylie has told us how her stage presence is different from the real her. She recently admitted that despite wearing very little in her recent video for Timebomb, shes actually quite reserved.

She admitted in a Vevo interview: "I wore a very cheeky little outfit. People dont believe it but I do get very shy and timid. I was like Oh god, please cant there be more to this.

You know what? If we had a body like Kylies, we wouldnt be shy at all!