Kylie Minogue's early struggles

People News

Dec 7, 2012, 17:02 GMT

Kylie Minogue

Kylie Minogue

Kylie Minogue found it difficult to cope early in her career.

The 44-year-old star - who is celebrating her 25th year in showbiz - struggled to get to grips with even the basic aspects of her performances when she first moved from acting to singing.

She told Britain's ELLE magazine: 'It was actually a pretty scary time. No one can tell you what's going to happen, you don't have a mentor and all you do is work and travel, work and travel. Even just how to stand on a stage to sing was something you have to work out as you go along.'

The 'Can't Get You Out of My Head' hitmaker also struggled with negative comments about her in the press, which resulted in her having a 'kind of breakdown'.

She added: 'I had hits but I had a lot of critics. A lot of it was really vicious and I was just a kid and I did get completely trampled by it.

'I had a kind of breakdown where I just wanted to go away and hide. My family knew what I was going through and the thing was that I agreed with a lot of the criticism about me, I just didn't know quite how to deal with it.

'In the end I dealt with it by carrying on, getting through the next day, the next project, hoping things got clearer, hoping that I'd get better and better.

FROM THE WEB

Related Celebrity Photos

COMMENT on Kylie Minogue's early struggles

Please enable JavaScript to view the comments powered by Disqus.

blog comments powered by

Latest Headlines in People

!

Follow Us

Search

Google

Custom Search

Also Check Out

The Best in Holiday 2012 Gift Finds: Isabella's Bakery a lucky find for foodie gifts
The Best in Holiday 2012 Gift Finds: Isabellas Bakery a lucky find for foodie gifts
The Best in Holiday 2012 Gift Finds is an ongoing series until December that celebrates the practical to the extravagant, the unusual to the commonly needed items of everyday life. ... more
The Best in Holiday 2012 Gift Finds: Clarisonic Mia 2 a worthy upgrade
The Best in Holiday 2012 Gift Finds: Clarisonic Mia 2 a worthy upgrade
The Best in Holiday 2012 Gift Finds is an ongoing series until December that celebrates the practical to the extravagant, the unusual to the commonly needed items of everyday life. ... more
LA Autoshow 2012 Pictures
LA Autoshow 2012 Pictures
We have added a set of pictures from the event "LA Autoshow 2012". ... more
LA Autoshow 2012 Pictures
LA Autoshow 2012 Pictures
We have added a set of pictures from the event "LA Autoshow 2012". ... more

Kylie Minogue Links - M&C is not responsible for the content in external sites

Kyli! e Minogue! on Starpulse

Sites We Like

Heckler Spray
The Celebrity Cafe