Kylie Minogue: 'I want my next album to be personal'

Kylie Minogue has revealed that she has already started work on her next album.

The 'Flower' singer admitted that she plans to continue recording into 2013 and wants to combine more personal lyrics with her trademark dance tracks.

Kylie Minogue

"I have started work on the next album," she told Yahoo! omg!

"Obviously this year has had me focused on other things but when I had a bit of time - actually in January, that long ago - I took my first steps into the studio."

She continued: "Next year will be the time to really get stuck in. I don't know studio-wise where [2013] will take me.

"I imagine it will be as always a mixture of songs I write and songs that come in that are killer tracks that I want."

Kylie Minogue

Minogue - who recently released orchestral album The Abbey Road Sessions as a celebration of her 25th year in the music industry - also admitted that she would like to blend some of her more personal lyrics with club-style tracks.

"I said earlier in the year that I would love the next album to embrace my inner Ibiza but I think most of them do anyway," she said.

"It's been ! interesting this year with a song like 'Flower', which is such a personal song and so different to what people would expect from me.

"But the response to that has been amazing and people have really responded to it being a personal story so I'm keen to find a way where I could marry the two."

Kylie Minogue

The star revealed that she has already begun to worth with new writers and producers on the forthcoming LP and would love to tour again soon.

"I love going in with people I know and that I've worked with before. We understand each other," she said.

"We get in the studio and just take off. I've worked with a couple of new people where we're just starting to get to know each other.

"Of course I want to go on tour again. At the end of every tour I say 'never again', but it is addictive.

"It's just such a beautiful thing. I do love touring - as tough as it is - so expect another one."

Kylie Minogue's The Abbey Road Sessions is out now. Listen to a sampler of the album below: