Minogue says cancer changed her looks

Kylie Minogue's face has gone through "a lot of changes" since her health scare.

The songstress was diagnosed with breast cancer in March 2005 during her Showgirl concert tour. After having a mastectomy and undergoing chemotherapy and radiotherapy, Minogue has been officially cancer free for five years.

After winning the fight, Minogue has strengthened so much as a person.

"A lot of people have been looking at me and saying: 'You're back to your old self. I don't know how I would look the same'" Minogue explained.

"My face has gone through a lot of changes. If you look back to before I was ill there was nothing of me."

Minogue feels that her career has had a lot to do with her triumphant return to health. Singing helped her get through the darkest days of the disease.

"I walked off stage pretty beaten up but I recovered and got up to speed the next day," Minogue said.

"There was no special energy-inducing diet, no strength-building exercise. No, I just went with it."

She is no longer on medication, but Minogue admits that being drug-free has made her anxious at times.

"Part of doing the tour last year was about breaking from the shackles of the treatment," she told British newspaper the Daily Mail.

"There are a mixture of emotions because you are letting go of the security you have. You know the medications are doing something because you are being affected by them, but you need to let go."