Donna Summer's Death: Elton John, Neil Patrick Harris, Kylie Minogue and More Stars Remember Disco Queen

Donna SummerMichael Putland/Getty Images

Donna Summer, who passed away Thursday morning, is gone but certainly not forgotten.

"I'm so sad. This woman was the queen of disco and so much more," Sir Elton John told E! News. "Her records sound as good today as they ever did. That she has never been inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame is a total disgrace, especially when I see the second-rate talent that has been inducted. She is a great friend to me and to the Elton John AIDS Foundation and I will miss her greatly."

Countless celebrities including Neil Patrick Harris, Kylie Minogue and Ellen DeGeneres took to Twitter to remember the legendary "Hot Stuff" singer.

READ: Etta James Dead at 73

Hello, you either have JavaScript turned off or an old version of Adobe's Flash Player. Get the latest Flash player.

"Donna Summer passed away today," Harris, 38, wrote. "Same day as Jim Henson, 22 years ago." The How I Met Your Mother star also linked to a video "in honor of both" of the Muppets perfo! rming "H ot Stuff."

"R.I.P. Donna Summer," Mario Lopez tweeted. "I remember roller skating to this like "Last Dance" "Hot Stuff" & "Bad Girls." Synonymous with the 70's. #QueenOfDisco"

"#TootTootHeyBeepBeep RIP Donna Summer," Kylie Minogue tweeted, also calling Summer "one of my earliest musical inspirations."

Ryan Seacrest wrote: "I remember sitting in the front seat of my mom's toyota while she sang Donna Summer's "she works hard for the money" songs were just classic"

MORE: Donna Summer's Five Greatest Disco Hits

"just heard that #DonnaSummer died today. This is awful! She was so incredible," Natasha Bedingfield wrote. "Her and her family are some of the most beautiful people."

Solange Knowles wrote: "Donna Summer- You have inspired me in so many ways....."

Additional reporting by Sharareh Drury

PHOTOS: Celebrity Deaths2012's Fallen Stars