Kylie Minogue: 'I thought I'd be a one-hit wonder'

Kylie Minogue has admitted that she thought she would be a one-hit wonder.

The singer revealed that she expected her 1987 debut single 'The Loco-Motion' to be a one-off following her appearance on Neighbours.

Kylie Minogue performs at the Manchester Academy as part of 'Anti-Tour'

PA Images / Jon Super/AP

''I never thought I would have a 25-year singing career," Minogue told BBC Radio 2. "When I first started singing I was acting and thought that singing would just be another string to my bow.

"Cut to actually releasing the single - I think it was seen as a kind of one-off, a novelty. I'm sure that in most people's minds and I think even in my own I was meant to be a one-hit wonder."

Talking about future plans, she continued: "Who knows what the next 25 years hold? I would love to get into more acting, for sure.

"I'm really excited that a film I did last year, that I had a small role in, is being premiered in Cannes this year. I'm super-excited about that."

Minogue also reassured fans that she has no plans to retire soon. She added: "I'll probably just carry on for as long as I can, as long as people are happy to have me around."

The star will release a greatest hits compilation titled The Best Of Kylie Minogue on June 4.

Watch the music video for Kylie Minogue's 'The Loco-Motion' below: