'Really high' heels help Kylie stand out

Kylie Minogue prefers to wear skyscraper heels to add a few centimetres to her frame.

"With my height I always feel confident if something is below the knee and I'm wearing heels," the Australian singer - who is 155cm tall - told the April edition of Marie Claire magazine.

"I wear flats sometimes but not when I'm working - you'd never see me.

"I used to wear medium heels but now it seems to be either really high or flat. I also have the most asymmetrical face - I've got this eyebrow that does its own thing.

"But you just have to live with stuff like that."

Minogue, 43, says she is far more meticulous about her skin routine now than in her youth.

"I started thinking about ageing when I was around 30, which is when I started to get diligent with SPF50 UV protection, [which] is the most important thing - I'm so utterly boring in the sun," she said.

"A lot of make-up artists compliment me on my skin, but when I was a kid we'd go out in baby oil."