Kylie Minogue: Dancing keeps me fit

Saturday Mar 17 2012

Kylie Minogue credits her toned limbs to hours of dancing on stage.

However the Spinning Around singer has revealed she ditches her exercise routine altogether when she stops touring. The svelte 43-year-old star says she needs a break from working out when she is home in order to find a fitness balance.

"When I'm on tour I dance a lot and get great arms, but I'm in pain the whole time as stomping about for two and a half hours straight is heavy on my knees, especially with some of the huge dresses I wear," she told the April's UK edition of Marie Claire.

"So on tour I'm very fit and when I'm not on tour I just do nothing - I need to find the middle ground."

When she is on tour, she also uses plenty of body make-up to improve her appearance on stage. She admits she gets bronzed up before each show.

"For work, body make-up is essential - I don't think there will be a day when a make-up artist doesn't have MAC Face and Boyd in their kit for me," she said.

"Before I go on stage I'm completely blasted with gold. I must have ingested so much glitter on my last tour."

It's not just her body she is conscious of looking after for the cameras. Having healthy skin is just as important for the starlet so she makes sure she eats healthy.

"I go to a lot of effort with my diet and I've done it for such a long time it's become routine," she said.

"I don't really eat junk food, drink fizzy drinks or much alcohol and I don't smoke. I wouldn't mind so much what I eat but it's about my skin - in my job I need to keep it looking good."

Cover Media