Kylie Minogue loves change

Kylie Minogue enjoys 'changing her look'.

The 43-year-old singer recently dyed her hair darker for a movie role, and although she enjoyed having brown tresses she is in the process of going back to blonde because she struggles to do her make-up well.

She said: 'I think most people think of me as a blonde but I recently had a role in a French film and the director wanted to make my hair darker.

'It's quite fun to change your look for something like that I will gradually go back to a sun-kissed blonde. I've found it really difficult to do my make-up with darker hair. I seem to look better with nothing.'

However, one thing the diminutive pop star cannot change is her height, and she admits she has to wear heels to ensure she is seen.

She added to Marie Claire magazine: 'With my height I always feel confident if something is below the knee and I'm wearing heels. I wear flats sometimes but not when I'm working, you'd never see me.'