Kylie Minogue: 'I've considered retiring'

Kylie Minogue has revealed that she has often considered retiring from music.

The singer explained that she needs a "breather" after celebrating 25 years in music this year and has thought about quitting in the past.

Kylie Minogue

"Of course I admire those women who still do it; Barbra Streisand, Dolly Parton are still making movies and still doing records," she said.

"If that's to be then maybe that will happen. I do have days where I want to completely throw it in and retire."

She continued: "I just need a little breather. I'd love to do some more acting as I'm meeting these great independent directors now, which is fun.

"At the same time though, I'll be starting work on the next album - so it'll probably be much the same really!"

The singer releases her new album The Abbey Road Sessions on October 29.

> Read Digital Spy's interview with Kylie Minogue

Listen to a preview of the record below: