Kylie Minogue wants "spectacular" next album

Kylie Minogue has revealed that she wants her next musical project to be "spectacular".

The singer insisted that she has no plans to quit music after celebrating 25 years in the business this year and wants to take her album to the "next level".

Kylie Minogue

She told Popjustice: "I do feel that there's more to come. There's something more spectacular to come.

"I really do think that. Making it or finding it is a challenge - but I'm always up for a challenge. I'd love to go the next level."

The star also confessed that popstars have a harder time than rock artists in the second half of their career, adding: "I love to see older performers still going at it.

"Tom Jones is probably the one for this country - just to be on The Voice every week, and have more energy than most younger artists. I don't know what I'll be doing at that stage."

Minogue recently explained that she will never be able to compete with the vocals of Christina Aguilera.

Her new album The Abbey Road Sessions is out now.

!

> Read Digital Spy's interview with Kylie Minogue

Listen to a sampler of the album below: