Kylie Minogue likes to wear her "boss hat" on tour

Speaking in a radio interview, Kylie said: "I get excited seeing the trucks. I've got 26. I think my first tour was one minivan with everything in it, so I can see how far I've come.

"I don't watch my shows back, I would send me into a spin. I often have to put my boss hat on, because particularly with the dancers they are excitable, and I have to be the meanie once in a while."

"But otherwise I think I'm a pretty good boss. It's my show, and if it's good, Kylie did a good show, and if it's not good, Kylie did not do a good show. And I praise everyone I work with, they know I really respect their work and I like to have a happy environment. I like to know who every member of the crew is."

The petite pop star admits touring can be exhausting and she often suffers from anxiety even though she is a lot more confident in her vocal ability than she was when she first started out.

Kylie explained: "Once I get into rehearsals [for a tour] I get home and think 'oh my god, how will I ever get through this'... I look back on my first tours, and partly because I was insecure I kept moving. I was more confident dancing than singing then."

Kylie will release an orchestral reworking of her biggest hits, 'The Abbey Road Sessions', on October 29.