Kylie Minogue: Making film most incredible experience

People News

Jun 23, 2012, 4:01 GMT

Kylie Minogue enjoyed making a movie

Kylie Minogue enjoyed making a movie

Kylie Minogue thinks making a film has been the most incredible experience of her life.

The singer - who stars in Leos Carax-nominated French movie 'Holy Motors', admitted that it surpasses any of her musical career highlights.

She told The Independent newspaper: 'I'm sure I'm going to wake up and find out it's been a dream. It's been the most incredible experience - making the film, meeting Leos. It's mind-blowing.

'I've experienced quite a lot in my life but this is something else. And even though I just came off the biggest tour of my life, I'd put this part as a highlight of my career.'

Kylie was also shocked that the motion picture played at the prestigious Cannes Film Festival.

She said: 'I had no idea that it would ever show at Cannes, though. It was a really leftfield decision for me to take the part. I knew that Leos was adored in France, that there was excitement he was making a film again, but he was not on my radar at all.'

In fact, Kylie was not on Leos' radar either.

She admitted: 'Leos didn't have any idea who I was, he had heard nothing I'd done except that duet with Nick [Cave]. I found that all very refreshing. I was suggested to him by our mutual friend, [White Material director] Claire Denis and we met in Paris.

'I said to him, 'you're either very brave or very crazy to give me this role'. And just like that - he hired me.'